Finding The Best Printer For Your Church Bulletins
Every church needs to be able to print out bulletins not only for regular Sunday service, but also for special events, weddings, funerals, and additional programs that occur throughout the year. Outsourcing the printing of church bulletins can get really expensive and can easily and quickly cause a church to go over budget, which is why it’s so important to take the time to find the right printer for your needs.
Having a high-quality printer allows churches to easily print the bulletins that they need for any service, making it possible to quickly print more when necessary, and ensuring that they look great.
- Finding The Best Printer For Your Church Bulletins
- HP Color M553dn – Best Overall
- HP Color B5L25A#BGJ LaserJet Enterprise M553dn
- Brother MFC-L8900CDW – Best Bang For Your Buck
- Brother MFC-L8900CDW Business Color Laser All-in-One Printer
- Canon imageCLASS MF426dw – Best Budget Printer
- Canon Imageclass LBP226dw – Wireless, Mobile-Ready, Duplex Laser Printer
- Why We Feel You Should Consider These Printers
Church Tech Paradise is reader-supported. We may earn a small fee from products we recommend at no charge to you. Learn More
When looking for a printer specifically to print church bulletins, it’s important to look for a budget option, one that is the best overall, and one that offers a great bang for your buck.
This will ensure that the church is able to easily print the necessary bulletins for the services and events and ensures that the printer they choose won’t go over budget and also offers the features and benefits they need.
By choosing to invest in a high-quality printer, churches can make sure that they are able to print any bulletin that they need for any situation.
HP Color M553dn – Best Overall
What Are the Important Considerations When Buying This Printer?
The best overall printer is one that will provide churches with fast and easy printing, as well as being affordable and reliable. When shopping for the best overall printer for printing church bulletins, there are a few things that you will want to consider.
- Optional paper sizes – chances are very good that the printer will be used for more than simply printing church bulletins. Opting for a printer that can easily handle a number of different paper sizes is a good idea, as it allows the printer to be used not only for bulletins, but flyers, leaflets, postcards, envelopes, and more.
- Paper capacity – trying to print a lot of bulletins at once can be frustrating and difficult when the printer doesn’t have a very large paper input capacity. Being able to put a lot of sheets of paper into the feeder at once will reduce the monitoring that a printer requires when printing.
- Cartridge life – toner cartridges can be very expensive, which is why it’s so important to opt for a printer that can use cartridges that will last for a long period of time. This will help to reduce the amount of money spent on cartridges over its lifetime.
Why We Chose The M553dn Over Others
There is a lot to love about the HP Color M553dn. It provides incredible graphics when printing, which is perfect for churches who want to be able to include photographs in their bulletins. This is great not only for Sunday services but also for memorial services or weddings. Additionally, the 650-page paper capacity of this printer is especially impressive and allows users to fill up the paper and to print a lot of bulletins without having to worry about whether or not they are going to run out of paper during the print job. Because it prints easily in both colors and black and white, it is easy to customize the final bulletin.
The ability to print from a USB drive makes it easy for users who aren’t connected to the printer to easily print their own documents. The HP Smart app works with iOS devices and allows church employees to easily change settings and to manage and prepare current and future printing tasks. This makes it easy to use the printer, especially since the screen can be a little difficult to navigate. With impressive security features to keep printing jobs safe and secure, churches won’t ever have to worry about personal or sensitive information is at risk when this printer is used.
What We Like and Dislike About The HP Color M553dn
The HP Color M553dn is a powerful laser printer that offers a lot of benefits. One of the main pros of opting for this printer is that it prints incredibly quickly, with print speeds up to 40 pages per minute. The first black and white page only takes six seconds, and the first color page only takes seven seconds.
Additionally, it can handle a monthly volume of up to 6,000 pages, making it a great printer for larger churches.
Up to 15 people can use this printer, which allows larger churches to easily provide all of their employees with printing access and capabilities.
Finally, the HP Color M553dn comes with a one-year onsite warranty. This is perfect for churches who are worried about how to operate their printer and are in need of additional support.
One problem that some users have with the HP Color M553dn is that the display is an LCD screen that isn’t a touch screen. This can make changing the settings on the printer a little slower and more difficult.
Another drawback to the HP Color M553dn is that it can be difficult to set up the wireless capabilities of the printer, which is frustrating for churches who are interested in setting up a wireless office or workspace.
Brother MFC-L8900CDW – Best Bang For Your Buck
What Are the Important Considerations When Buying This Printer?
Even when you are faced with a smaller budget yet want the best bang for your buck, you must make sure that you choose a high-quality printer for your bulletin printing needs. Knowing that there are a few things that you must take into consideration when shopping so that you buy the best printer on the market.
- Page per minute – it’s really important to think about how quickly your new printer will be able to print out your bulletins. This is especially important for larger churches which will need to print a lot of bulletins quickly rather than having one person monitoring the printer all afternoon.
- Print quality – bulletins that are smeared or blurry aren’t easy to read and reflect poorly on the church that printed them. Even budget printers need to be held to a high standard so that there aren’t any concerns over whether or not the printing itself will be clear and crisp.
- Scanning – being able to scan makes it a lot easier to print bulletins with specific information, pictures, or graphics on them. Not all printers offer this capability, but there are some budget printers on the market that offer additional features that can really improve overall printing abilities and how the bulletins will look when finished.
Why We Chose The MFC-L8900CDW Over Others
This is a wonderful mid-range printer that is perfect for handling normal bulletin printing and for printing in color and in black and white. Being able to print certain documents in color makes it easy for churches to choose whether or not they want color or to save money and print in black and white. Additionally, it’s incredibly easy to connect to this printer wirelessly, allowing all staff members at a church the same accessibility when printing. It offers a CPU processing speed of 800 MHz, which is fast enough to handle most jobs without any problems.
From printing to scanning, the Brother MFC-L8900CDW can handle almost any job that a church needs to have performed. This printer’s touchscreen is in full color and is easy to navigate, which makes it possible for any user to easily create and customize their printing. It has up to 64 shortcuts that can easily be customized to result in fast and easy printing. While it ships with a limited sheet capacity, it’s easy to add optional paper trays to the Brother MFC-L8900CDW to increase the printing capacity, which makes it possible for larger and busier churches to handle their demanding printing needs.
What We Like and Dislike About The Brother MFC-L8900CDW
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is a great option for any church on a tight budget that still needs a great printer for printing bulletins. There’s a lot to love about this printer, including its fast wireless connectivity. It’s easy to use this printer wirelessly or on a wired network.
Additionally, this printer offers print speeds of up to 33 pages per minute. This allows churches to quickly print their bulletins without any problems.
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW also has a 5” color touchscreen that makes it really easy to change and adjust the settings on the printer. This makes it easy for new users to handle the printer.
Another benefit of this printer is that it can quickly scan documents. This makes it easy to create custom bulletins on the fly.
Unfortunately, there are some drawbacks to the Brother MFC-L8900CDW. One is that it only has a capacity of 250 pages in the paper tray, which means that new paper needs to be added on a regular basis.
This printer also tends to go through ink cartridges fairly quickly. This means that using this printer on a regular basis tends to be very expensive and can quickly use up the budget that a church has set aside for printing. However, we felt the features of this printer outweighed the expense and felt it was the best bang for your buck.
Canon imageCLASS MF426dw – Best Budget Printer
What Are the Important Considerations When Buying This Printer?
When you want to get the deal when shopping for a church printer, then you need to make sure that you take a few things into consideration before spending any money.
- Budget – one of the most important things to consider is what your budget is, as this will greatly determine what type of printer you are able to purchase. Some printers are going to cost significantly more, but no matter the budget, any church should be able to find a printer that will meet their needs.
- Wireless capability – large churches, especially, will benefit from being able to print wirelessly from their computer rather than having to try to bring their computer to the printer or try to load their bulletin onto a drive to transfer to the printer. Wireless printing capabilities make it very easy to print quickly.
- Control screen – to be able to easily use a printer, there must be a control screen that is easy to operate and clearly labeled. Not all printers have a screen that is the same size, quality, or color. Opting for the highest quality screen possible will ensure that all church employees can easily use the printer without having to have one person handle all the work.
Why We Chose The imageCLASS MF426dw Over Others
The Canon imageCLASS MF426dw is loaded with great features that make it a clear option for a lot of churches. One of the main pros of this printer is that it features expandable paper-input capacity, which makes it easy for churches to have as much paper on hand for printing as necessary.
Additionally, the large touch control panel is perfectly customizable and allows fast shortcuts making it possible for church employees and volunteers to quickly print when necessary.
This printer makes it possible to scan and convert documents quickly, turning them into digital files with just one pass through the document feeder, which makes saving physical documents fast and easy.
Finally, another pro of the Canon imageCLASS MF426dw is that it has powerful security settings that can easily be adjusted to keep saved documents safe from unauthorized retrieval.
There are some drawbacks to the Canon imageCLASS MF426dw. The most common problem is that it doesn’t offer the best photograph output, which can be frustrating for churches who want to include photographs in their bulletins.
The Canon imageCLASS MF426dw also can be difficult to set up, especially when performing the setup wirelessly, which can delay some churches from being able to print when necessary.
What We Like and Dislike About The Canon imageCLASS MF426dw
This is an incredibly cost-effective printer that is great for any church looking for a wonderful deal when shopping for a new printer. Because it offers so many different great features that really set it apart from other options, it can easily be used to print not only bulletins but also other internal and external documents. The first print time is as short as six seconds, which makes this printer great for emergency jobs when the church employee is in a hurry. Additionally, it offers standard two-sided printing and can even print multiple pages on just one page, reducing how much paper is used.
The application library on this printer allows users to choose what applications they can quickly access from the touchscreen. This makes it possible to perfectly customize the Canon imageCLASS MF426dw. It can print up to 40 pages per minute and easily handle between 500 and 4,000 pages a month without showing any signs of wear and tear. Finally, this printer is perfect for faxing, scanning, and copying in addition to printing. It’s a great all-in-one piece of equipment that makes using every church office run more smoothly. At just under 36 pounds, it’s a smaller printer that won’t take up too much space in a smaller office.
Why We Feel You Should Consider These Printers
Any church that is dealing with a small budget but needs a top-notch printer should consider buying the Brother MFC-L8900CDW. This powerful printer is easy to use and offers a surprising number of powerful features, making it a great option for a church who has a smaller budget but is looking for a great printer to easily handle weekly bulletins, as well as other print jobs.
The Canon imageCLASS MF426dw is the best deal when shopping for a durable and reliable printer that can handle not only weekly bulletin printing jobs but also anything else that the church throws at it. It’s incredibly user-friendly and designed for church employees to be able to edit, adjust, scan, print, and customize their print jobs for the best overall performance.
Finally, the HP Color M553dn is the best overall printer that a church can buy. While it is a little more expensive than some other options available for churches, it features impressive printing capabilities in both color and black and white. It can also handle an amazing 650 sheets of paper in the input tray at one time, which makes it easier than ever to handle large printing jobs. Any church looking for a reliable and powerful printer will love this option.